Wedding Planning on a Budget and With Lots of DIY Love!

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Shoe string Budget ?

 When I got engaged there were many things that crossed my mind, but most importantly and perhaps the one thing i thought of most often was budget. Calvin and I are not strangers to talking about what we thought our wedding would looking like, so when we did get engaged we already knew what each other wanted. Something fun, with our closest family and friends, the words we spoke to one other that day would be more important than the decorations. Something in short that would not put us into debt, and allow us to take the dream honeymoon we had always wanted.

What we decided was most important is that we had a budget and stuck to it. We would save as much as we could, and we would not rely on family to help make our wedding come together. My mother told me when she got married her parents planned the whole reception, and paid for it as well. Times have changed and its now the responsibility of the Groom and Bride to Pay. Honestly, i think why not? We are the ones who are choosing to get married why should someone else pay for it? Should someone want to help us with wedding expenses we would greatly appreciate it but it would never be expected. We are lucky to have amazing family and friends already who are looking to help. My wonderful mother has told me she would like to buy my wedding dress, and our wedding invitations will be designed by my wonderful friend Jilian who is a graphics designer.

The reason we are on such a 'shoe string' budget for the wedding is because Calvin and I both feel as though we would rather spend our money on a dream honeymoon (neither of us have ever been on a hot holiday). While centerpeices may be beautiful, and mood lighting romantic, Flowers will add color and some may need a DJ. Calvin and myself would rather spend that money going snorkling, having dinner on the beach, maybe go ziplining?

When it boils down to it, save, save, save, right now and later you can go play, and we intend on going to play someplace hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment